A healthy child is a happy child. Diet, exercise and overall hygiene are essential to a growing
body. As mothers, we want our kids to have the best possible start. Children grow fast and
they need adequate levels of calcium to support their bone growth.
Calcium is pivotal for teeth as well as it supports teeth structure. A few facts on Calcium that
mothers should know about –
1. Calcium is one of the most abundant minerals in the human body making up to 2% of
the total body weight.
2. Almost all the calcium is stored in our bones and teeth. An important point to note is
that calcium deficiency can cause the jaw line to weaken. The jaw line is the anchor
for your teeth that holds it firmly in place.
3. It also helps to pump blood around the body.
4. Children have a high calcium requirement to support the fast growth of bones.
5. In adults, it helps prevent arthritis and osteoporosis.
Consuming a balanced diet which includes calcium rich foods is a good way to meet the
Milk, fresh yogurt, cheese, leafy vegetables, tofu, prunes and nuts such as almonds are
excellent sources of calcium.
While we do try to ensure that the daily requirements for calcium are being met, there are a
few things that can hamper oral care.
Children today are more likely to consume sugary and savory snacks as part of the diet.
Teeth that are not properly cleaned cause plaque build-up. Eventually it demineralises teeth
causing decay and cavities.
I was excited to receive this beautiful hamper from Colgate. It had all these wonderful calcium boosting goodies and came in a gorgeous box.
The right toothpaste and oral care can ensure utmost strength for the teeth.
– Colgate Strong Teeth helps add natural calcium and strengthens teeth from within.
– Colgate Strong Teeth strengthens the tooth enamel, re-mineralises teeth and over time prevents decay.
This is why Colgate is an essential part of my child’s daily routine to brush twice a day to
keep teeth well protected.
A small step in the right direction goes a long way to a healthy self. Choosing Colgate Strong
Teeth for your child will not only maintain oral hygiene, but also go a step beyond and
strengthen it by adding natural calcium to their teeth. Your mind can be at ease knowing that
you have taken all the necessary steps to keep your child strong from the inside. After all,
there is nothing more precious than the cute smile of your child.