For my son’s second birthday we hosted a playdate style birthday. He loves the minions and I found some quick and inexpensive ways to do up our space for the minion themed party.
1. Balloons – Which child doesnt love balloons? Its also a great inexpensive way to fill up decor space. We choose the blue and yellow minion colours.
2. Paper pom poms – pom poms are a little time consuming, so start a couple days in advance and have them ready. To make buy several sheets of kite paper. Stack 8 – 10 sheets. Make 1 1/2 inchwide accordion folds, creasing with each fold.
Fold an 18-inch piece of floral wire in half, and slip over center of folded tissue; twist. Separate layers, pulling away from center one at a time. Tie a string for hanging them. I printed minion masks off the internet and glued them on.
3. Bunting – You will be surprised how many printables are available online for birthday themes. I choose the minion one and customised it with my son’s name.
4. Paper Fans – These can be made in advance and stored conveniently as they take up no space. Older kids would love to do this activity with you. For 1 paper fan, you will need 3 sheets of paper. You can choose as per your theme colours. Make 3/4 inch wide accordion folds.
Take a paper that has been folded and fold it in half. Repeat with the other 2 papers.
Staple or hot glue gun the inside of the fold. Repeat with the other 2 pages.
Line up your paper rosette so the staples/glue gun areas are all facing up. Staple/glue gun the inside edges of the rosette to connect it all together.
5. Popcorn Cups – You will need paper cups, yellow and black paper, glue, scissors and wobbly eyes. Cut the yellow paper so it wraps along the length and width of the cup. Cut an inch thick strip of black paper and stick it to create an eye masks. Stick 2 wobbly eyes on top.
Use these tips and to create a stunning backdrop for your little one’s next birthday!