Baby its cold outside. All you need to keep warm this winter is some of our delicioud carrot & apple soup. An unusual combination but one that is warm and delicious.
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 chopped Apple
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 3-4 crushed garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp rock salt / pink salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 4 cups water
- In a soup pan heat THE olive oil. Add ginger & garlic and sauté for a minute
- Add onions sauté for 5 minutes
- Add grated carrot and apples pieces and sauté for a minute.
- Sprinkle 1/2 tsp pink salt and add water.
- Let it boil for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and let it cool down.
- Now in a blender blend and then sieve the soup.
- Add some nutmeg, pepper and salt and simmer for 5 minutes.